Thursday 3 June 2010

Bella's Mitts



For somebody who knits I have an amazing lack of scarves,gloves and not a single hat. How can this be? I suppose most winters here are so mild there's no real incentive but this winter caught me short and I had to resort to rummaging through the boys things to find a beanie which wasn't emblazoned with skulls and vaguely hygienic.


I tend to avoid knitting mitts/gloves because I am so careless I always return home with just one. I can't bear to think that I've wasted all that time. The shops could only supply cheap and nasty or eyewateringly expensive, so I decided to take the plunge. This pattern by subliminal rabbit is fun and knits up really quickly. I cast on at the Unravel festival but have only just got round to sewing in the ends . I used three skeins of Mirasol Sulka in Pepper. Thick, beautifully soft and a haze of colours makes this interesting. It is not a flat block of colour.


I have decided that through the year I will commit to knitting winter accessories instead of waiting till my ears are freezing and my fingers are numb!

No comments:

Post a Comment