Tuesday 1 June 2010

Big Montana Tunic

Hiro brought me some chunky Noro yarn called Circus back from Japan. Mainly black and grey with streaks of cerise and lime green. I loved it but unfortunately he only bought six 100g balls. I rooted through all my patterns and couldn't find anything which didn't require more yarn. When I saw this tunic in Interweave, I thought it was the answer. I started with a rim of cerise around the bottom ribbing and was really happy with the way the yarn handled and the design. It flew off the needles but before I did the armbands I decided to try it on. Disaster!



The lines of bright colour formed chevrons. It was as if I had a huge arrow pointing to my boobs!

If I'm honest I knew in my heart of hearts that this was not the right design for me. Chunky yarn when you're top heavy is never a good idea. However, I loved the fact that it made my flat bum look rounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment