Friday 6 August 2010

Interweave Fall 2010


Fell through my letterbox this week and a few items went straight on to my never ending to do list.
I will make the Alpen socken and the Bavarian Tulip mittens as I already have the yarn in my stash. I do love the Proverbial cap but will probably never make it as I don't suit beanie type hats. The Plein Air tote is a possible; the double stranded yarn would make it sturdy. Also considering the Cloisonne Jacket in two shade of grey and talking Makoto into the Point Gammon Pullover. I like the Leyfi Pullover but the neck looks a little uncomfortable and I'm concerned that it will make anyone with boobs look huge. I am improving in selecting projects that I will actually wear.
I was particularly interested in Leitmtif Cardigan by Carol Feller. At the Zimmerman talk at Ravelry Day in Coventry last year, there was a woman in front wearing a great knitted top so I asked her about the design. It was Carol and one of her own designs. She probably doesn't even remember , but I love being able to put a face to a name. She was very friendly and talked about getting the yarn from the USA and the Lizard Ridge I was knitting, so of course I looked her up and have been following her designs ever since. Several are on my list mainly because of their wear ability. How many things have you knitted that have never made it out the house?

No comments:

Post a Comment