Friday 6 August 2010

Too busy stripping!

Yes, I've been a bad blogger. In truth, I haven't really been knitting much at all because I decided that I was mentally and emotionally strong enough to re enter the world of home improvements. When we bought this house I had great plans which quickly evaporated when the reality of expenses and dealing with builders kicked in. As the boys were young and wrecking everything in sight, it didn't seem worth the stress. I would really like to continue to hide my head in the sand but we've now reached the stage where work absolutely needs to be done. This is an Edwardian house which requires skilled workers. Most take one look and then never come back!

We sent Koji and Akira to Japan on their own this year so I could devote my time to the house. I am exhausted. I have looked at so many bathrooms, paint charts, architects plans etc I can't make a decision any more and all the while pound signs keep flashing in front of my eyes.

As a distraction I have been stripping wallpaper. Tedious but strangely satisfying as I can actually see some progression. With a face mask,goggles and a towelling turban to keep the dust out of my hair,I am a fright. This look is completed by a pair of giant earphones as I can't stand those torturous tiny ear plug things. Since the end of Lime n Violet, I've been searching for something to take their place. Sadly, nothing competes. I discovered their podcast after my Dad died and laughed till I cried. I did enjoy a podcast by Stephen Fry on " iTunes Meet the Author" about the development of computers and the Internet age. Fascinating and entertaining , even for a technophobe like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment