Friday 7 January 2011

First Knit of the New Year


I've completed yet another pair of socks for Koji. This time I used Lion Brand Magic Stripes Brown/Blue Pattern colour 205. I think I picked up this yarn at one of Adrienne's yarn swaps. The yarn is 75% superwash wool and able to go in the dryer which makes it perfect for a teenage boy.

I followed the pattern for basic socks given on the ball band. The only change was using 3mm instead of 3.25mm needles. Of course I knit the foot a bit longer to allow for his rapidly growing feet.

These are slightly thicker socks which will be brilliant in his walking boots, especially if we are hit by snow again.

Whilst knitting these socks, I have been snuggled in one of my Lizard Ridge blankets sitting on a sheep skin. My father-in-law gave us two sheepskins when we bought leather sofas because he said they were too cold for the winter. At first we just humoured him but now I have to confess that there is always a tussle over who gets a sheepskin.

I've also been reading Agatha Christie which is a first for me as I've never really been interested in detective novels. This particular book was regarded as one of her masterpieces. It is certainly clever and a great read for on the tube or the beach when you need something easy to pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment