Monday 17 January 2011

Kenobi Jacket



This weekend I returned to the Kenobi jacket and the tedious task of blocking. I never block before sewing up a garment but this project demands it. The strips of different stitches pull the pieces out of shape making them lop sided. It probably doesn't help that I used an oiled yarn from my stash which has no bulk to it. However, when I washed my swatch it fluffed up beautifully so I remain optimistic.

The Kenobi jacket is by Norah Gaughan and appeared in Knitscene Spring 07. This is for Makoto who resisted my knits after the age of eight. Adrienne gave him a jumper and some socks which he liked and has worn a lot. I knit him Skully and the Antler scarf from "Son of Stitch and Bitch" which received lots of compliments, so we have slowly won him over. A month before he went to college he went on Ravelry, selected four designs and asked if he could have them for the start of term!

No comments:

Post a Comment