Sunday 27 February 2011

Frills and Frothiness.




Emily brought a wonderfully frothy scarf to the library group and showed us how it was made;knitting with a net like ribbon. Apparently, this yarn had been the big hit at Ally Pally last Autumn.
I decided to make one as part of a birthday present for Akira's classmate, Manuela. This was knit with CanCan by Rico designs which has 60m per 200g ball. This particular scarf is colour 010. It is just under £10.00 a ball but some of my group members have made two scarves from one ball. I preferred a wider and longer scarf. There are other brands around; somebody had managed to buy a much cheaper version at Lidl.A quick knit but I wouldn't recommend it for an absolute beginner.
I guess it's the closest a nine year old girl will get to a owning feather boa.

No comments:

Post a Comment