Sunday 27 February 2011

Visit from Amy of "Nest."



Amy came to the last Hendon library knitting group meeting with a sample of yarns and projects. She talked about her interest in knitting and how that had evolved into opening a shop. Although she had brought leaflets about Nest and their knitting groups, she wasn't pushy and happy to talk about anything related to knitting. The afternoon was a big success and we managed to recruit a few new members.

The group was asked to feature in one of the knitting magazines. As there was heavy snow on the ground only a few of us made it, so the photo looks a bit sparse,however, Lauren did a good job of collating our interests and histories. As a thank you we received a sack of yarn and patterns. I took two balls of a lurid fluffy pink yarn with gold thread for a schoolfriend of Akira's who is learning to knit. She was thrilled. I also took two balls of Foxy as Alan Dart's Christmas Gnome is one of the few novelty patterns I like and I need Foxy for the beard.



I went to Nest the next day to meet friends. I never seem to leave the shopempty handed. I bought Drops Delight to knit Pogoda by Stephen West and Drops Alpaca to knit the Chrysanthamum mitts in Knitty.

No comments:

Post a Comment